This is what happens when you’re on a mission to make chicken great again! I’m never giving up and am all about the “NO MORE BORING CHICKEN”, especially since I discovered Greensbury Market, who offers organic and sustainable protein delivery to my door!
“The Colorful Foodie Pack “ was created and inspired by my consistent like-orders and it comes with high quality, organic chicken which makes it easy to get creative in the kitchen. To get yours, click here and use code ‘COLORFULFOODIE’ to get 10% off your !
Now, if you enjoyed the stuffed creamy spinach chicken breasts, you’re on your way to fall in love with these! They turned out to be super easy, healthy and delicious! Here is what I did:
- 2 Chicken breasts from “The Colorful Foodie Pack”
- 1-4 cup of fresh kale pesto
- 2 oz Sundried tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp kalamata olives
- 1-2 oz fresh mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ground parsley to taste
- 1 tablespoon of buter or oil of choice (I used avocado oil)
Preheat oven to 400F.
- Butterfly chicken breast, or split the breast horizontally while keeping the breast minimally attached. Basically cut through the middle of the chicken where it will resemble a butterfly and can be easily stuffed.
- Season it generously with salt and pepper.
- Spread the pesto evenly throughout the inside of the breast, topping off with the sun dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and mozzarella. Try not to over-stuff it. Bring flap over and secure with toothpick.
- Bring an oven safe skillet to medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter or oil and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts (may be a little longer if very thin) until a nice brown sear is achieved.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 5-6 minutes until it is fully baked. Watch it and test it because overdone will leave the breasts dry so I found that between 5-6 minutes is perfect depending on the thickness of your chicken.
Serve with your favorite side such as rice, pasta or veggies.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
Snapchat: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so that means you can watch everything being made in real time!