- I’m Ana, the creator of Colorful Foodie! I have a full time professional career linked to health promotion, physical rehabilitation and wellness along with a burning passion for creating healthy colorful foods and sharing it with the world! The funny thing is this passion didn’t come to fruition until after getting married and teaching myself to cook.I discovered a whole different outlet and got better at it day by day. I started logging my recipes for myself, so I wouldn’t forget how exactly these recipes were coming to life.
- In short, I wanted to be able to recreate my recipes because I thought for sure I’d forget how I initially thought of them, and soon enough Colorful Foodie was born. I love sharing my passion for food and “healthifying” it in a pleasurable, yet functional way that can be enjoyed on a daily basis because I don’t see this as diet food, I see this as food for life food.
- For these reasons, I have become a professional Foodie with a relatively new found love and passion for healthy eating, cooking and creating! Since then, I’ve also decided to merge both my passions, “food and traveling” because inspiration! I have an unlimited curiosity for what the world has to offer as far as culture, traditions and experiences, so I aspire to travel the world and learn from each person I come in contact with, personally or virtually to continue creating and inspiring myself and others!
- In a nutshell, I’m Career woman, Health Advocate, Concerned Citizen, Health and Wellness Promoter, Relentless Positive, Fitness Enthusiast, and Life lover! A dreamer aiming high at providing inspiration for positive behavior change through unraveling the possibilities of:
- Adapting to a new and healthier lifestyle.
- Discovering a FUN and positive outlook in life while achieving it, and exploring to find constant inspiration.
- I’m a firm believer Happiness is only achieved from the inside out, and it is a way of life; Not just another fad diet or miracle drug. Think of your body as a machine, much like a car that needs constant maintenance to operate at its highest level. With that in mind, it becomes easy to understand that treating our bodies well, using high quality whole foods as “fuel” and nourishment (with a fun twist, which is the entire purpose of this very page) allowing it to move in a purposeful manner, will in turn help it to achieve balance from the inside out.
- I believe in listening to our bodies! Believe me, it will tell you it needs more sleep, food, activity. It’s not about starvation at all! Listening to my body is a personal challenge for me as well. I am, as we all are, a work in progress, working on becoming a better version of myself EVERY single day. I believe we are in competition with oursevels, and if you want to compete with anyone else, make sure it is only to improve on who you are!
- Life happens quickly, and you only live once. I was clueless, did not know how to boil water – Seriously! I grew up with an over protective mother who was scared I would burn myself and didn’t let me near a stove, so I thought I just didn’t belong in the kitchen. I had no idea I would have any affinity for any of this, but at some point, as I continued to explore, I developed and will continue to develop from here on out. Trust me, If I can do it, you can do it too, and it’s almost surreal as I sit here writing all this to you.
- I never thought I’d become a “home chef”, much less a food blogger, YouTuber or reach any popularity on social media through cooking. I feel blessed to be able to share all of this with you all, and if I can reach you and make a positive impact to improve your life (as many of you have told me I have), then it is very well worth it! That truly fulfills me! I now invite you to visit my feed on Colorful Foodie where you’ll get a better feel for what I’m about. All dishes and recipes are developed by me, as well as the photography.
- I have a lot of love for fellow foodies and all of you! I also have a Facebook page, The Colorful Foodie, so check me out there and give it a like when you get a chance! Brazilian Fusion is my Instagram page devoted to healthier versions of Brazilian Cuisine. I am a proud Brazilian American and also plan to healhify the delicious foods my birth country has to offer. I’m particularly enamored by Brazilian Fusion because there, I get to display my roots and Brazilian cuisine at a different light!
- I get my inspiration from traveling, my cultural background and the wonderful people I interact with daily, on and offline. I am blessed to have an amazing family and a great group of friends and colleagues. I am fortunate to have a supportive and caring husband Erwin, with whom I get to travel the world with and find inspiration for the next healthy and colorful dish, while enjoying a wine glass at a time. Erwin has inspired me to create the “Wine and Dine” Category where you can find more about the wines we are enjoying and also on his instagram page Winecoach.
- So YES, it is possible to “Eating right and exercise” without being numbed with boredom! It is a lifestyle we must embrace, along with doing things we enjoy for exercise and always listening to our bodies! As mentioned before, our bodies are machines and should be treated as such. Give it rest, sleep, and eat plenty of nutritious and delicious food! By doing that, you won’t have to count calories, count colors instead! Your gut will love you for that. I am a movement specialist, exercise enthusiast, passionate foodist and excited about sharing it all!
- Do what you love, eat what you love (in moderation), burn enough fuel (yes, that’s calories) to balance your food intake, sleep a little more, and have a little drink every now and then if you enjoy that! Don’t restrict yourself from life because you are only given ONE! Take deep breaths, stretch, lift weights, DANCE, hula-hoop, and take a few more steps towards a healthier, happier you. Your body will thank you!
- Trust me, I have to tell me to do these things as well! Living well is about balancing life, and we all have A LOT to juggle. Take control of yours today, be a better version of you, and join the Colorful Movement with me! Make the best choices for YOU! You are the only machine you get!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so follow me there to get the scoop on all the recipes before they even make it to the blog or to any of my other social media! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes become YouTube videos, Yeah!