For pizza lovers seeking to cut down on the carbs as well as gluten-intolerant. Here is the answer: If you haven’t tried it, give this cauliflower pizza a shot! It deserves it. And it’s winecoach approved.
The beauty is you can easily make it your own. Give it a shot, you won’t regret it!
Mediterranean Style Cauliflower Pizza
- 1 head of cauliflower cooked, riced
- 1 cup low fat shredded low fat mozzarella
- 1 egg and 1 egg white (or 2 eggs)
Optional (Highly recommended)
- 2 tbsp fresh fresh parsley (may use dehydrated)
- 2-4 tbsp onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oregano to taste
- garlic and onion powder to taste
- 1-2 tbsp pesto or tomato sauce to taste
- 1 tbsp mozzarella, shredded
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley to taste
- 1/2-1 cup chopped mixed bell peppers
- 5 large feta stuffed green or kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 oz feta cheese, sprinkled
- Oregano to taste
- Prehead oven at 425-450deg.
- Coarsely chop 1 head of cauliflower and Steam or boil it until tender.
- “Rice” cooked cauliflower with shredder or pulse in food processor until it resembles rice.
- The secret: Extract all excess water! 1/2-1 cup is not uncommon moisture from riced cauliflower. Use a strainer and squeeze excess moisture with a paper towel or cheese cloth! This is the secret to the crispy crust so it will notfall apart.
- Add all the crust ingredients together with with a wooden spoon.
- Prepare a pizza pan or cookie sheet with non stick spray and pat down crust mixture to the desired shape. Place in oven at 425-450F for about 15-20 min or until it starts to brown.
- Remove from oven, spread sauce and/or pesto sauce and Arrange your ingredients over the top (or add your own ingredients). May leave out sauce and make white pizza variation instead and it will still be delicious!
- Return to oven under broiler on high for 2-3 minutes until cheese is slightly melted.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes and That’s it!! I hope you love it as much as we do!
LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS IN UNDER 4 MINUTES BY WATCHING THE VIDEO!
Xoxo, Ana ?
C0unt Colors, NOT Calories!
I love love your recipes you make my life so much easier thank you thank you thank you!!!??
You’re so welcome!! It gives me so much pleasure to hear that!
Comments are closed.