Nothing like enjoying All the foods you love! I, like most people, LOVE to eat. A lot.
So what to do? Healthify our favorite recipes so we can eat without guilt, knowing that we are consuming nutrient rich foods that taste like they should, and that’s exactly what’s going on here!
You won’t believe it has cauliflower it it! This faux mashed potato, consisting of a half and half mix of potatoes and cauliflower, low fat content and a TON of taste, can be paired with your favorite protein, light gravy or simply on its own. Yep, it’s that good, and couldn’t be easier to make! Here is what I did:
HEALTHY GARLIC CAULIFLOWER MASHED POTATOES
- 1 head of cauliflower, steamed
- 2 medium potatoes
- 1/4-1/2 cup of milk of choice
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter, ghee, oil of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic and onion powder to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped or minced garlic
- Wash, cut and steam or boil cauliflower head until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Peel, and cut potatoes into chunks. Steam or Boil until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain cauliflower and potatoes and add them to the same pan. Mash coarsely or throuroughly depending on the desired level of “chunky-ness” you prefer (see the video to see how I made it).
- Add milk and butter to the mashed cauliflower and potato, blending through with a wooden spoon over medium heat.
- Season with chopped or minced garlic and spices of choice.
This is the perfects side at the dinner table, and guilt free! Love!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!