If you’re looking for a low carb, easy way to incorporate more veggies into pasta dishes, you’ve come to the right place.
First things first: Zoodles = Zucchini noodles, or zucchini “spiralized’ in such a way that resembles pasta or spaghetti. Zucchini is an amazing vegetable that has a mild taste and will “soak up the taste” of sauces and seasonings quite easily. It truly is an amazing healthier option or substitute to its starchy pasta counterpart.
Here, we didn’t sacrifice the pasta, as it is still included in the recipe. Adding zucchini is the perfect way to introduce more veggies into your pasta dish if you so choose. You may also completely substitute pasta for the zucchini itself but if you’re trying to trick some into eating more veggies, this is the way to go, a healthy mix! Winecoach always falls for this “technique”. Sometimes you just gotta trick ’em! Add protein of your choice! I added baked salmon, and the lemon finish was quite zesty! Here is what I did.
HEALTHY LEMON AIOLI ZOODLE AND PASTA COMBO WITH BAKED LEMON SALMON
- 4-6 oz of pasta of choice
- 2 zucchinis, spiralized into zoodles
- 2-3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 teaspoons of minced or chopped garlic
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons of chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste + lemon slices
- Fresh parsley for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon of EVOO
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice of half a lemon + lemon slices
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- For the Salmon
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Season salmon with EVOO, salt and pepper, juice of half a lemon and add the chopped lemon over the top.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until flaky.
- At the last 2 minutes of baking, add the cherry tomatoes to lightly roast.
- For the Zoodles and Pasta combo
- Prepare the pasta according to directions.
- In a pan, add the chopped onion and garlic to the EVOO over medium heat and allow them to become fragrant for 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan, incorporating the flavors.
- Add the spiralized zoodles and the juice of half a lemon to the mix for 2-3 minutes. You may or may not need to add a little more EVOO.
- Add the lemon slices and voila!
- Top off with cherry tomatoes and salmon.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Other IG: @BrazilianFusion
Facebook:The Colorful Foodie
YouTube: Colorful Foodie