But make it South American inspired, infused with Brazilian churrasco salt and spices served with pomegranate chimichurri and Garlic Buttered Mashed Potatoes.
That’s right, I added pomegranates to my chimichurri and the added texture and tartness make it perfect on any protein or even for dipping bread! Added fresh garlic to that mashed potato and made it creamier than ever.
BUT…. What about this “ribeye roast”? This meat rests along the cows rib bones and it is so tasty it makes for the perfect holiday protein because it is flavorful, tender and can able to feed the entire family. Ribeye roasts are where ribeye steaks come from, so you know this is a high quality piece of beef. Seriously had a “move over turkey” moment.
I got this beauty from Swift Meats, and found it so easy to prepare, and a lot less time consuming than the typical holiday meats (turkey), for instance. Here is what to do:
SOUTH AMERICAN RIB ROAST RUB
- One Ribeye roast
- Half a cup of coarse Brazilian churrasco salt
- teaspoon Rainbow pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dried parsley
- 5 cloves of fresh smashed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of Chipotle chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons of Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika powder
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened (1 stick)
- Allow Beef Ribeye Roast come to room temperature for 1 hour. Leave the net on throughout preparation and roasting.
- Rub dry with paper towels.
- Apply Brazilian coarse salt and rainbow pepper on outside of steak and wait another 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 500F
- Make a compound butter by mixing and incorporating smashed garlic and other spices until smooth.
- Rub herb-garlic butter all over roast. Use your hands, get in there.
- Place roast in the center of oven, uncovered for 20 minutes at 500°F. This will form a flavorful sear that will seal off the roast.
- Reduce temp to 375°F and finish steak in 1.5-2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 140F. An internal thermometer is extremely important when roasting such large pieces of meat.
- Let rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Slice through and appreciate the delicious juices. Serve with pomegranate chimichurri and garlic butter mashed potatoes.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 level teaspoon coarse salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 tbsp pomegranate pearls
- 2 small red chilies , or 1 red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon finely chopped chili)
- Mix all ingredients together one by one, finishing with the pomegranate peals. This is truly delicious.
GARLIC BUTTERED MASHED POTATOES
- 4-5 medium russet potatoes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp butter, plus 1/2 tbsp for topping
- ¼ tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp creme fraiche
- Fresh parsley or chives for sprinkling
1. Peel and boil potatoes until tender
2. Drain and mash – I enjoy manually whipping till desired consistency but feel free to use an immersion blender until creamy
3. Mix ingredients in order, one by one, incorporating them well with the potato masher or wooden spoon, vigorously until smooth.
4. Serve with a tbsp of butter on top and sprinkle with fresh parsley or chives.
Of course you can pair your rib roast with whatever you like, but this is seriously the most delicious way to do it! Outside the box, a side of tradition, and a twist to a recipe favorite!
Seriously, if you’re tired or having the same proteins and are looking for a quality meal that feeds a substantial amount of people and is absolutely delicious and meaty – This is it!
Make it and tell me all about it! Bone-in beef ribeye roast. You will be a regular around here!
I think I just found Christmas Dinner. Looks amazing!!!
Comments are closed.