13 WEEKS PREGNANT!
Hi guys! Starting at the end of our first trimester and will slowly catch you up to where we are at! This week, baby is the size of a peach and you best believe I ate it after the photo, because well, it’s peach season!
This is how we announced our pregnancy to our closest friends and family about 1 months ago, and now we feel ready to share the details with the world. Winecoach thought this was a good way to do it, being the baby was the size of a peach at 13 weeks! It’s always a fun time to share pregnancy pictures, because it’s such a singular special time our lives, and well, I am the Colorful Foodie so, playing with fruit is kind of in the job description already!
We debated for a while on whether we should share so much, but to those of you following the journey, it honestly feels like you’re part of the extended family!
My first trimester was pretty much a sleeping blur. If you’ve following me on Snapchat (username: AnaSandee), you probably already picked up something was “off”, or different about me. I definitely wasn’t my energetic self, working out sometimes twice a day, to taking naps during the day (something I NEVER ever did), and skipping making dinner to let Winecoach fend for himself and feed me, if I could even wake up for that! By the way, shoutout to my awesome husband, he’s really picked up the slack around here since I’m basically worthless as a “housewife”. He’s an amazing househusband let me tell you, and I’m so luck because he’s all mine!
What I described on the “We’re Pregnant” post wasn’t a lie. I really felt narcoleptic, like I could sleep anywhere at any given time due to severe fatigue. When I was at work, I felt like crying sometimes I just needed a nap! That’s just crazy, right? Or so I thought. Come to find out this is completely normal, so it’s nice to have a break from such intense fatigue that I’m officially in the second trimester. Don’t get me wrong, I still get tired, especially after a full day of work, but not nearly as much as it used to be up until the day of this picture at 13 weeks. And just like that….it went away! ha! So funny how that works.
I feel very lucky my “morning sickness wasn’t bad”. Definitely on and off nausea between 8-14 weeks but that has subsided completely. I only get nauseous if I don’t eat every 2-3 hours. No empty stomachs allowed, and I learned that quickly.
- Cravings: Salty! Chips, nuts, crisps. Anything crunchy and salty is was my jam around 13 weeks. So funny. I still like salty, and I never really craved salt in the past. The challenge was blogging/cooking in the first trimester because I really didn’t have energy.
- Aversions: Coffee smell. That aversion/nauseous feeling started around 8 weeks and continued until here. I couldn’t even smell coffee, something I LOVE. Thank God that’s all better and I can have a little bit (about 1 cup a day), if needed. It’s funny because coffee always helps with the fatigue, and I just couldn’t even smell it!
- Mood: Just let me sleep.
- Baby’s sex: Too early to tell, can you guess from how I’m carrying?
- Movement:Can’t feel it yet but I know he/she is a jumper! Every time we take a peek the baby is just like a little ping pong ball, bouncing from side to side. I’m glad there is plenty of room in there right now, but that’s going to change soon.
- Carrying: What does it look like to you? I think low, no?
- Weight gain: Up a few pounds, maybe 3-4. I’m thinking I’m losing muscle because I used to work out so hard, down gym kettle bells, running.
- Nursery: Still in denial. I need to start thinking about this
- Names: Definitely not there yet…
- Midwife or OB: I chose a midwife to follow my progress and I’m happy with her. Winecoach calls her the uterus whisperer. She’s pretty knowledgeable and has been doing this for 30 years!
- Exercise: I do feel like I’m getting soft, so I need to start working out soon as my energy is starting to look up! Exercise is very important during pregnancy, because I definitely don’t want to over gain, but I also know delivery can use some training! Squats anyone? LOL.
- Aches and pains: BOOBS! They’ve been hurting so bad, still. I’ve also started getting some cramping, which apparently is attributed to round ligament pain. I know it’s early, but definitely happening. My breasts feel sunburned, I can’t even touch them. It’s the craziest thing.
- Sleep: Anywhere, anytime when given a chance. 2 hour naps at least but will settle for 30 minutes. 11-12 hours of sleep a night because simply can’t stay awake!
- Currently wearing: Loose dresses because not yet ready to share with the world. Plus I feel like I look more bloated than pregnant! haha….
- Traveling: Still going strong with flying.
- Domestic: Travelled to NYC at around 8 weeks for Mother’s Day weekend to spend time with mom and shared with the closest family members that we were pregnant during our Mother’s Day lunch celebration. This was a lot of fun because one of my cousins was 38 weeks pregnant and about to deliver at any time, and another is just 2 weeks ahead of me and I also didn’t know she was pregnant yet! Sharing the news was extra sweet, and now we are going through it all together!
- International: celebrate our 5 year anniversary in the Maldives around 11 weeks. This one was tough because it was so long, but I wasn’t in any type of “pregnancy related discomfort”. It was just discomfort, period. Also, the Maldives trip was special because that’s where my belly popped! We just relaxed, ate and slept, so it was the perfect place to be with a growing belly deep into your first trimester. I highly recommend a relaxing trip during the first trimester if able to, so you can just relax and forget about how tired you area all the time!
I’m looking forward to sharing my weekly journey with you all! Please let me a comment or message below about your experience during your first trimester. I’d love to know how you handled all these changes and outlook on what’s to come!
Thank you for following my journey!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I will continue to snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Of course I’ll also be sharing some more awesome things about the pregnancy as I learn them! Videos stay up for 24 hours.