22 WEEKS PREGNANT!
Baby Sandee is the size of an ear of corn! Isn’t that funny? Why is it an ear of corn? Why couldn’t it be a nose of corn?
Anyway, I can tell this will be a tall baby by the way she likes to kick me in the ribs! The movements has more than increased this week, and baby kicks all the time, but mostly when I’m still. Maybe I just feel it more when I’m still, but definitely when I’m sitting at my desk at work or lying on the couch or in bed. Maybe it’s because it’s finally gaining some weight, and supposedly weights a little over 1 lb this week and is almost a foot long! Practically a subway footlong sandwich, ha!! Or the size of one of those creepy dolls…
This week I felt pretty darn good, besides the heartburn. That even seems to have given me a break lately, as it is not after EVERY single meal, like it was last week. This week I also feel like I had a lot more energy! For traveling, enjoying Winecoach’s company and exercising! I’ve been able to do yoga most days of the week this week, I have the energy!! This is amazing… If you’ve experienced fatigue during pregnancy, you can relate to what I’m saying. I’m typically the most active person I know, usually putting in 2 workouts a day (lunch time and evenings after work), but up until week 20, I felt pretty useless even when I tried.
I briefly had some energy around 14-16 weeks, but after that Singapore trip, I was pretty much down until about 2 weeks ago, maybe it was the jet lag, or that terrible cough I came back with, but these days, I feel like myself again (minus the belly)! Ha, I noticed it’s getting harder to pick up objects off the floor without a plan, and getting up from deep and low seats, or even out of bed. It’s kinda funny. I’m enjoying every “nuisance” because I know it’s unique, and I’ll probably miss even the “un-pleasantries”.
NEW SYMPTOM: Kicks in weird locations. This is comical because what else? I noticed this week that the baby has started kicking me in the pubic bone, or as my friend Ana would say, my first experience with “lightening crotch”!! Ha! I know this will only get “better”, as baby grows, but holy crap. That’s a different sensation. What is that?? Does this happen to any of you? I thought I was a bit too early in my journey to feel it, but heyyy….apparently when you’re just about past the halfway point, that’s when it starts! So there, a very peculiar symptom. I’m hoping baby’s foot doesn’t get stuck down there before it’s time. Yikes!
The coolest thing about the growing belly is definitely feeling all the movemevent: the somersaults, me back flips (literally feels that way)! I always play around as I watch the olympics saying this baby will be competing in the trampoline modality! Anyway…this week was good, got more energy again so started prenatal yoga. I have a DVD and have also been looking on YouTube. There are a lot of good videos, going from 10 minutes a workout to over an hour, so you can do as little or as much as you’d like. I also shared my first full back stretching video, appropriate for first and second trimester preggos for the first time
- Cravings: I’ve been awesome with cravings this week, haven’t really had them. I also think I was preoccupied eating the world during the Phoenix visit this past week, so perhaps my body didn’t have a chance to crave anything, except now I keep thinking about those Jalapeno popper shooters from Spotted Donkey…
We also had plenty of healthy noms, especially for breakfast and brunch! I think eating healthily and plenty helps with reducing the crazy cravings!
- Aversions: Again, so thankful to be able to eat everything these days. I haven’t had a true food aversion since the end of the first trimester.
- Mood: Pleasant! Very pleasant! Still more sensitive then on a regular non-pregnant day, but nothing compared to the transition that occurred over 19 weeks. Thank Goodness, let’s keep up the good work and balance hormones! Shooooo baby blues.
- Ultrasound and Baby’s sex: Ok, so it seems like we may know what the baby is by now, but I want to do another ultrasound as soon as I enter 24 weeks/6 months pregnant to MAKE SURE, before telling the world! Call me crazy, but I still think it might change? I’ve been hearing crazy stories about how people are told one thing and when the baby comes out it’s something else! MMMmm….Hello! What am I supposed to do with all the gender specific stuff, and you know people are going to give gender specific stuff! Better be sure 🙂
- Movement and Positioning: This is the week you realize your body doesn’t belong to you anymore. Baby does what it wants, when it wants. Responds to our voices already (somewhat), and kicks in the most unexpected locations. I’m in awe. This is my favorite and weirdest part of it all! I sometimes have a glass of ice water just to make Baby Sandee move! It’s fun, like he/she is trying to get away from my stomach because it’s too cold on the head (or butt) whatever body part is close to the stomach at that time. Stomach that has been pushed all the way to the right….I know this because that’s where the burning sensation comes from after I eat alot. Ha!
- Weight gain: Baby gaining weight, and so am I. Oh yea, Ana is about 17 lbs in. I wonder how much I’ll gain overall, but really, I know it’s all going to building baby goodness. Obviously we don’t want to gain too much weight as that only makes delivery more difficulty, but as long as we are maintaining healthy habits, and eating foods that are good for us moms and for the growing babies, there should be no reason to worry!
- Nursery and registry: The registry is up, and I realize I have to step up my game. We are just going through some home improvement changes, so the nursery is on hold, although we realize baby is coming no matter what, soooo…we need to at least get essentials! Would love some experienced feedback on it on our registries with Babies R Us and Buy Buy . Click on them and check them out. Please leave comments on the things you know we missed, because well, we just don’t really know. The consolidated lists are also on The Bump.
- Names: I think we might have a name that sounds good in Portuguese, Dutch and English, but we aren’t ready to share! Apparently, in the Dutch tradition, the names aren’t shared until the baby is born, so I’m going to respect the husband on this one.
- Midwife or OB: Contacted the Bradley birthing method people; Am truly interested in learning techniques to try having a natural birth, God willing. I hope we are able to do the training, and if not, at least find something similar.
- Aches and pains: Managing this week with prenatal yoga! It’s been awesome. I also do my FULL BACK STRETCHING ROUTINE a few times a week or anytime I’m hurting. Our bodies release relaxin, which is a hormone that causes our joints to move and increase elasticity while pregnant in preparation for labor, so this also may cause joint pain. Need to maintain a healthy exercise regimen to strengthen our cores and keep up with stretches during this time. Remember we are training…for birth! The body is going to do what it has to do, but it helps if we are in the best shape possible. That’s why I’ve taken up Prenatal yoga, and they offered in-room yoga at Hotel Valley Ho, so I didn’t have to skip a beat even though I was away on our mini-vacation!
- Sleep: No sleepless nights yet, but I’m mostly not allowed to sleep on my left side because that’s where your majesty likes to hang out…so we patiently do what he/she wants! Other than that, there are no other options other than sleeping on my sides, mostly the right, with a pillow between legs since I’m still not friends with body pillow, so I’m still using the belly wedge. Perhaps as the weather cools down we we can reunite.
- Currently wearing: My maxi dresses! Also my stretchy dresses. I’m going to wear them until it gets to cold to continue. Then probably move on to leggings. Still not feeling the need to have maternity clothes. Also, need to share new Ana Sandeel Collection dress line with TopGlamBoutique! So excited to collaborate with them on these beautiful dresses that can be tailor made to order! Use my code: “Anabogo” for the current promotion, buy 1 dress, get 1 free by clicking here! This is one of my favorites and will be available in the coming weeks!
- Traveling – Winecoach and I went to Visit Phoenix over the weekend. It was sort of a mini baby moon, and it was fantastic. Lots of time spent relaxing in Scottsdale, between Hotel Valley Ho and The Boulders Resort and Spa. Spent alot of time getting pampered, between a mani/pedi, facial and *Pause*: The highlight of all the spa experiences – The Prenatal massage at the Boulders spa with a special massage table that had a belly hole!!! WHAAAT! Best time ever! I’m a belly sleeper, so to be able to lie on my belly for the first time since 10 weeks preggo was SO AWESOME! Also, I think I want to get a massage every week. It hurt so good! And we deserve to be pampered, especially while pregnant!
Flying is still pretty easy for now, and my midwife said it was safe until 34 weeks, so giddy up!
Thank you for following my journey! Please leave me comments with any tips for the upcoming months as baby continues to grow, especially on birthing classes, birthing methods and what I need for the registry (or anything else you can think of). Tips for the heartburn are also welcome. I sure appreciate you! Don’t forget to follow @ColorfulPregnancy on Instagram for my nutrition tips during pregnancy!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I will continue to snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Of course I’ll also be sharing some more awesome things about the pregnancy as I learn them! Videos stay up for 24 hours. I may condense them into YouTube videos after!