If you’re looking for a low carb, easy way to incorporate more veggies into pasta dishes, you’ve come to the right place. First things first: Zoodles = Zucchini noodles, or zucchini “spiralized’ in such a way that resembles pasta or spaghetti. Zucchini is an amazing vegetable that has a mild taste and will “soak up the taste” of sauces and seasonings quite easily. It truly is an amazing healthier option or substitute to its starchy pasta counterpart.
Here, we didn’t sacrifice the pasta, as it is still included in the recipe. Adding zucchini is the perfect way to introduce more veggies into your pasta dish if you so choose. You may also completely substitute pasta for the zucchini itself but if you’re trying to trick some into eating more veggies, this is the way to go, a healthy mix! Winecoach loves this and eats it all up! It’s OK to trick ’em if it’s for their own good! Add protein of your choice! Here is what I did.
ZOODLE SPAGHETTI AND PESTO MASH-UP
- 4-6 oz of pasta of choice – I used spaghetti to mash well with the zoodles
- 2 small or 1 large zucchini, spiralized into zoodles
- 2 tablespoons of my homemade pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley and Parmesan cheese for sprinkling
Grilled chicken or salmon would go extremely well here.
- Prepare the pasta according to directions.
- Spiralize zoodles using a spiralizer, 3mm blade.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the pan, tossing gently with pesto sauce and EVOO. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the spiralized zoodles and mix gently. Allow the zoodles and noodles (see what I did there, haha) to incorporate about 2-3 minutes. The zucchini noodles cook very quickly so they don’t need much time.
- This is ready to be enjoyed as is but feel free to add a protein of choice. I like this one particularly with grilled chicken, and a light dusting of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
This is a great lower carb dinner option, especially for pasta nights! You don’t have to give up your favorite foods, just incorporate healthier ways to prepare them!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
- Instagram: @ColorfulFoodie
- Instagram: @Brazilianfusion
- Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
- Twitter: @AnaSandee
- Youtube: Colorful Foodie
- Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
- Snapchat: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so that means you can watch everything being made in real time!
I will definitely try this, it looks very good and I follow you on snapchat.
YAY! #snapfam, love you guys!
Comments are closed.