Gather up these easy ingredients and make this delicious Red wine beef stew. It cooks itself and it is so worth it! Here is what you need.
RED WINE BEEF STEW
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped 5 slices bacon finely chopped
- 3 lbs. boneless beef chuck cut into cubes
- 1 cup Holland House red cooking wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons thyme finely chopped
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 4-5 sage leaves, or dry sage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 medium Carrots sliced
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into chunks
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Crock-Pot slow cooker
1. In a large skillet cook bacon over medium high heat until crisp. Put bacon in slow cooker with half of the chopped onion. Save the bacon “fat” to sear the meat next.
2. Season the beef chuck with thyme, sage, salt and pepper. Use the Salt and pepper the beef and add to the skillet and sear on each side for 2-3 minutes. Transfer beef to the slow cooker.
3. To the same frying pan, add the other half of the chopped onion and sear gently.
4. Add the red wine to the skillet scraping down the brown bits on the side. Allow it to simmer and reduce and slowly add tomato sauce, and soy sauce.
5. Add a cup of beef broth and simmer for a few minutes. Transfer the sauce to the slow cooker.
6. Add garlic, thyme, rosemary, carrots, potatoes to the Crock-Pot slow cooker. Give it a good stir with the remaining broth and cook on low until beef is tender for 8-10 hours or high for 6-8 hours. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve.
Don’t forget to keep it colorful!!!
Spoiler alert: This is absolutely delicious after 6-8 hours but it is even better the day after as it reaches all the depths of flavor overnight – not to self, make enough, because it is unlikely you’ll have leftovers!
In case you do, it will keep good for up to a week in the fridge or months in the freezer!
Don’t forget to keep it colorful guys!
Count Colors, NOT Calories! Color your Plate, Color your Life
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!