This is a winner guys. Creamy slow simmering deliciousness, this Marsala mushroom sauce ties everything together with fall off the bone pork chops. Sure, you can do this with other proteins, but this was a show stopper in this house. I’m sill blown in love with my Crock Pot again…. life so good in here outside of the madness out there.
PORK CHOP MARSALA
- 2 Bone in Pork Chops
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1 Tbs EVOO
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped Thyme
- 2 springs of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp ground Black Pepper
- 4 Tbs Butter, divided
- 4 cloves minced Garlic
- 1 finely chopped Shallot
- 8 oz sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup Holland House Cooking Marsala Wine
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 cups of beef broth (or chicken broth)
- A 7 qt Crock Pot
1. Rub Thyme and Pepper on both sides of Boneless Pork Chops.
2. Add 2 pieces of bacon to a nonstick or cast iron pan and fry them up. Remove them and chop.
3. Use bacon fat or add EVOO to same skillet and heat over med/high heat.
4. When oil is shimmering add Pork Chops to skillet and cook 2-3 minutes each side, until nicely seared.
5. Prepare slow cooker preheated on high with 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp of chopped shallots. Place Pork Chops in Crock Pot.
6. Add 3 tbsp of butter to skillet along with the Garlic and Shallots. Sauté 1-2 minutes.
7. Add in Mushrooms and sauté another 2-3 minutes.
8. Add Holland House Cooking Marsala Wine and cook until reduced, about 2-3 minutes.
9. Pour the mixture from the skillet over the Pork Chops.
10. Add beef broth and cover. Cook on high for 3 hours.
11. Stir in Heavy Cream and cook additional 15-30 minute on low.
If you haven’t cooked with wine yet. I suggest you start immediately. Took me long enough, and I’ll never ever stop! YUM!
Count Colors, NOT Calories! Color your Plate, Color your Life
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!