Baileys French Toast with A warm Blueberry Sauce
- Challah or Brioche, 5-6 slices
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup of Baileys
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp or cinnamon (or more)
- Butter for searing
- 1 pint of blueberries (or any berries)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime (or Lemon)
- 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup (or honey)
- 3-4 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of cream cheese
- 2 tbsp of creme fraiche (or unsweetened yogurt)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
1. In any bowl, whisk together milk, egg, Baileys, vanilla and cinnamon to make the batter.
2. Dredge the bread into the batter on both sides.
3. On a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of butter and let it melt. Pan sear the dredged bread on both sides until golden brown.
4. Set aside on a plate on top of a pot with water over heat in low heat to keep warm.
5. On the same skillet, add berries and lime juice over low-medium heat for about 3-4 minutes.
6. Finish with a healthy drizzle of maple syrup and mix for another 2-3 minutes You may also mash the berries with a masher to make jam! I like to keep the blueberries whole, YUM!