Ok, I’ll spare you the small talk. It’s 4th of July weekend and I know you’re ready to make these for breakfast! Get to it!
For the Keto Crepes:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp granulated Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- Pinch salt
- Oil or butter for frying the crews
- In a blender, combine cream cheese, eggs, almond flour, sweetener, almond milk and salt. Puree until smooth and well combined. Let rest for at least 5-10 minutes (30 min optimal)
- Set a 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat. Add just enough oil or butter to the pan to lightly coat it. Once hot, add a few tbsp of batter to the pan and swirl or spread into a thin layer that reaches the edges.
- Cook until edges are cooked and can be loosened with a spatula. Loosen all the way around and then lift one edge gently and work spatula underneath – these can be challenging to flip so don’t spread them out too far.
- Flip and cook on the other side until lightly browned, about a minute give or take.
- Remove and lay each pancake on a plate over a simmering saucepan. This is how I keep everything warm. You can always put it in the oven at the lowest temperature.
Fill with whatever you like – I filled with this lemon cream mixture.
Lemon Cream Filling
- 1 tbsp powdered swerve (or sugar)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 oz mascarpone (or cream cheese)
- 4 oz greek yogurt
- Optional: Pecan Pieces
Too easy: mix all ingredients together and fill your crepes with it, rolling them like a burrito. I added pecan pieces and fresh strawberries inside to texture.
- 2 cups of berry of choice (blueberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon juice only
- 3-4 tbsp water
- Optional: Pecan pieces
- Add strawberries to frying pan over medium heat.
- Once they start sizzling, add water, followed by lemon juice and allow it to simmer and thicken slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add maple syrup to sweeten the deal. You may also add sugar, sweetener or nothing. It’s up to you!
Serve there topping over the creme filled crepes. Enjoy with whipped cream, nuts and extra fresh fruit if you wish!