Had to come over here and post this recipe for you guys since I got an overwhelming response to last nights pasta night, asking for the recipe via Instagram stories!! The truth is I do a lot of recipe testing, but then I get so busy because life! I haven’t posted in a minute because my life has been “happening” fast and furious these days, but one thing I continue to do and enjoy doing is eating!
With all of that being said, there is ALOT of good stuff coming, from more delicious and healthier options, to restaurant and trip reviews and more on baby talk and raising a toddler, plus loving my naturally hair. But for now…..
PASTA! Because that’s why you’re here. This is what went doing on Friday night = Pasta night!
HEALTHIER CHEESY ALFREDO SAUCE with Spinach Fettuccine and Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup broth vegetable or chicken
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup non fat plain greek yogurt room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of sundried tomatoes
Rosemary chicken – Simply panseared with oil and fresh rosemary, salt and pepper to taste.
*Cook pasta of choice according to the directions. I used fresh spinach fettuccine that takes about 2-3 minutes to cook through.
*This dish can be served with a protein of choice, also to be prepared simultaneously.
For the Sauce:
- Heat olive oil in a large sauce pan over medium heat with minced garlic until fragrant, about a minute.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch and cook for one minute, stirring constantly.
- While whisking, slowly add in broth and milk.
- Continue whisking to combine until smooth, then add parmesan cheese.
- Raise heat to medium high and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once simmering, allow to thicken as you continue to whisk Constantly.
- Remove from heat and little by little, whisk in greek yogurt and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Taste it! You will know when it’s perfect.
- Bring back to stovetop and being to a simmer while whisking constantly. At this point, add the pasta to the sauce and toss gently.
- Serve with protein if your choice (today it was rosemary chicken, and a garlic Texas toast because we ain’t scared of no carbs, haha) annnnnnnd enjoy!
- . If not using immediately, or if you don’t use it all, store in airtight container in fridge for up to 3 months. I love doing this, so convenient to defrost, especially on Friday pasta nights!
Don’t forget to pair with a nice glass of wine. For more on this wine and all the wines we are drinking, check out @Winecoach on instagram and Facebook!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!