I got YOU for breakfast this weekend!
Make these Yogurt Waffles with a “citrusy” strawberry sauce and enjoy the YUM!
A lot of you ask me what my “go-to” waffle recipe is. Well this is it! Feel free to add the toppings of your choice, but it doesn’t get much easier than this!
See for yourself!
Yogurt Waffles and Easy Strawberry Sauce
- 1 3/4 cups any flour
- Use what you got! I used: 1/2 cup amaranth flour, 1/2 cup almond meal, 1/2 cup oat flour, 1/4 cup ground flaxseed)
- 2 tbsp Honey or agave
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp any oil, I used grapeseed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Almond Milk + 2 tbsp
- 1 Egg and 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Optional: 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Fresh strawberries, about 12-15, quartered
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts – these are walnuts
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Dulce de leche or caramel – I like using the squeezable type from ‘la lechera’
- Optional: Whipped cream which a dusting of cinnamon
- Heat waffle iron.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet.
- Waffles should have a thick consistency. Add to waffle iron and cook to preference.
- While waffles are cooking, add lemon juice, chopped berries and maple syrup to a frying pan. Allow it to boil and bring it down to a light simmer.
- Mount waffles, drizzling over dulce de leche and strawberry ‘sauce’ over waffles.
- Sprinkle walnuts and add a side of whipped cream with a dusting of cinnamon.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!