5 ingredients and a little patience goes a long way! I fell in love with this pink pasta sauce over a decade ago in an Italian restaurant near my old neighborhood in New Jersey, specifically East Rutherford in north NJ! If you know you know….
But now for a simplified version.
PASTA IN VODKA SAUCE
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup vodka
- 28 Oz can crushed tomatoes or marinara sauce
- 1 cup heavy whipping crea
PASTA and PROTEIN
- 6-8oz Pasta of your choice (I used bowties)
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 5-6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp of julienned sun-dried tomatoes
- Red pepper flakes
- Add butter to onion to a sauce pan and simmer for about 10 minutes, until it begins to brown.
- Add vodka and stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes or marinara sauce to the mix and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes sitting occasionally.
- Add the cream and let it simmer another 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta till al dente – depends on what pasta you’re using.
- Add red pepper flakes to taste. Mix in the pasta and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Of course finish it off with freshly grated Parmesan.
How I prepare the chicken:
- I chopped 2 chicken breasts thinly and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Pan seared pieces in 2-3 olive oil and fresh garlic until each side is lightly browned.
- Mix it on top of pasta and shredded fresh Parmesan on top. DE-lish!
I hope you try it!! It is absolutely delicious!