Today, Alexandra and I woke up and thought. Chocolate pancakes. We can smell Christmas!!! But weekends are for brunch and matching family pajamas in the holiday season – see us cooking this up in my story highlights – “Cooking with A” on the ColorfulFoodie instagram.
Buttermilk Chocolate Chip Pancake
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 2 tbsp of melter butter or oil
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
2. Combine the egg, buttermilk and butter/oil. Then stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
3. Add chocolate chips now or later, onto pancakes individually. I do both because sometimes you can’t control how many chocolate chips are in each pancake.
4. Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased medium hot griddle or skillet with a little (or a lot of) butter.
5. Turn when bubbles for on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown.
Add your favorite toppings!!!
Today we added:
- Fresh berries
- Maple syrup
- Toasted pecan pieces
- Coconut whipped cream