Sick with the cold or Flu? Maybe just looking for comfort as the weather gets cooler? For me it was both when I came up with this recipe, and now that I’m pregnant and can’t do much about this, it’s time. This soup was made to cure my first cold of the season (right on tie), and let me tell you, I’ve stopped it on its tracks before and will do it again! Paired it with a lemon honey tea and now I’ll wait for it to go! The best part is that it’s super simple, easy, quick and delicious! Because no one wants an elaborate meal when they are stuffy, sneezy and achy! Click here to watch the quick video, otherwise this is what I did:
CHICKEN LEMON ORZO SOUP
- 8 oz Pulled or Shredded chicken (or 2 4 oz chicken breasts)
- 4-5 Large Carrots, chopped
- 2 Celery Sticks, chopped
- 1 Cup Orzo (or 1/2 cup brown rice)
- 1 Lemon, (1/2 juiced, half sliced and halved)
- 4-6 Cups chicken broth
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1-2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Sautee garlic and onions with olive oil for 1-2 minutes on high heat until fragrant and translucent.
- Pan sear and brown chicken breast (if using).
- Add carrots and sautee gently, followed by chicken broth.
- Add celery and Orzo (or rice) lastly with the 1/2 lemon juice and simmer for as short as 30 minutes or as long as 3 hours on low heat.
- Don’t forget to season with salt and pepper to taste, especially since your taste buds should be funky right now.
- Garnish with lemon slices, which you can add directly into the soup as well, otherwise you can squeeze the other lemon half directly into soup as you are getting ready to serve. I will give it just the right amount of “tart-ness” it needs to kick that cold away with a splash of vitamin
View the video below to see exactly how it’s done!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Obviously, they end up on my YouTube channel as well so follow along! Videos stay up for 24 hours.
Can’t wait to make this! I hope you feel better! Drink lots of fluids and I know it’s terrible but keep that blood pumping when you can! Walk around the house a few times then take a nice nap! Sending well wishes and ❤️
Finally making this today!!!!!!!
I’m in the process now I will most likely snapchat you my reaction ? It smells so good I can’t wait! My husband and son are getting sick so this is the perfect day!
I’m making this today. 7 degrees in Michigan. Calls for a heartwarming soup
And his soup is just perfect!!
This is certainly a amazing post. Thanks a ton for spending some time to explain all this out for us. It truly is a great guide!
I am usually to blogging we genuinely appreciate your site content. This content has truly peaks my interest. Let me bookmark your blog and keep checking for first time info.
Good – I should certainly pronounce, impressed with your website. I had no trouble navigating through all tabs and related info ended up being truly easy to do to access. I recently found what I hoped for before you know it at all. Quite unusual. Is likely to appreciate it for those who add forums or something, web site theme . a tones way for your customer to communicate. Excellent task.
Made this yesterday for lunch….it was amazing. We had it for dinner as well and my picky 4 year old had three bowls!
Kids love this soup!! Yay!
I just made this soup today and hunny!!!! This soup is Devine!! It’s soothing and warm and the lemon brightens it making it a light comforting soup.My daughter wasn’t feeling well and I gave it a shot and it was a hit!!! Way to go!!
It’s so good for you too!!! I’m about to make it. Helps with immunity and has a punch of vitamin C!
just made this soup and i’m not lying, this is the best chicken soup i’ve eaten in my whole life! this is the second receipt from you that i’ve tried and you’re inspiring me on instagram every day. keep up with that wonderful work you do! greetings from germany
This makes me so happy!! I’m so glad this has helped you and gets you excited!!!
Препараты качественные,купили на сайте anticancer24.ru
Доставили из Москвы за 3 дня
софосбувир +и даклатасвир официальный сайт
Comments are closed.