I’m back to posting! I had to take a little while off of posting here because my life is CRAZY hectic, but I didn’t stop eating, sooo, I’m back to share all of the recipes with you! Especially the ones you’ve been asking for via Snapchat, instagram, Facebook, you know, the usuals where I’m able to post a bit more often than here.
Anywhoooo….If you’re looking for a delicious side dish to make alongside your holiday protein this season, this is it!!
I’ve made it 3 times since the first time last month. It’s perfect for a special occasion but also compliments your weeknight main dish so well by adding a savory and sweet element, honestly to any meal of the week! Get on it, because this is quick, easy, and you probably have all these simple ingredients at hand!
I chop and toss all the ingredients together, throw it in the oven and go prepare whatever else needs to be done!
ROASTED POTATOES AND APPLES
- 1 pound of baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 medium honey crisp apples, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, roughly diced
- 1/2 cup olive oil (I used fresh crush rosemary olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- a healthy sprinkle of sage or herbs de province
- Heat oven to 425°F. In medium bowl, combine potatoes, apples and onions.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and sage. Spread onto a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast 45-60 minutes, until potatoes are tender, gently stirring every 15 minutes.
- Dish is ready when potatoes are golden brown with a delicious level of caramelization.
I hope you enjoy this. It is truly delicious and quite simple to make!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours.