The baby is the size of a lemon! Week 14 has been good to me. I started feeling human again, being able to stay up later 8:30pm was amazing, and I’m feeling quite accomplished! All I can do is say “Welcome second trimester”!
During this week, I started feeling more comfortable with telling more and more people I was pregnant. Also, it helped that the belly was really starting to show with certain clothes I was wearing such as form fitting dresses like the one above, although I was still trying to rock my jeans/pants with the button popping out like I overindulged during Thanksgiving dinner or went to a Brazilian Churrascaria (steakhouse)! If you’re Brazilian, or have been, you know what that means, if not, you need to start following my @BrazilianFusion page on Instagram for the Brazilian food porn!
Anyway, still trying to keep it “under wraps” at work but could tell people were looking at me differently as in they were thinking I looked a little funny along the midline because well, my pant’s button was popping out but I was still not shouting to all corners of the world I was pregnant! Next week I’ll start wearing that maternity top, I kept telling myself only to buy another week out of those pants! Haha… As I said on my previous post “Surprise: We’re Pregnant!”, I was still on the fence on whether or not I should be sharing our pregnancy but I’m glad I decided to. It’s just fun to share and hear your experiences back, so keep commenting and letting me know how it’s gone or how it’s going for you. Everyone is different and that is beautiful. We can all learn from each other.
This was also around the time I started adding content to @ColorfulPregnancy on Instagram! The more I read and travelled the more I realize the mommies to be needed to be aware of what they should and shouldn’t be eating in order to have the best pregnancy possible so it was a no brainer to start such a page!
- Cravings: I still like salty, crispy stuff! It doesn’t look like it’s going away! This week I had the first crazy crave for a big juicy burger. I called winecoach during his drive back from work and ordered womb service. Cravings are funny, I don’t have them all the time but when I do, it’s distinct, like “BRING ME A BURGER NOW (with small fries and a strawberry shake). That’s basically how it goes.
- Aversions: Everything lightened and I don’t hate the smell of coffee anymore. It was like magic and I was even able to have a cup here and there. There was one incident where I almost threw up when I smelled very strong body odor in the clinic (I’m a physical therapist), so I had to walk away and close the door to take a minute. Being in health care it typically doesn’t bother me, but this one….man, it was a challenge.
- Mood: I’m back baby! Second trimester I can’t welcome you enough!
- Ultrasound and Baby’s sex: I didn’t even care to know but winecoach has demonstrated an interest in knowing which is getting me curious. Still too early to tell is what they told me. We did have a quick ultrasound but the jumping bundle of joy as usual won’t stay still.
- Movement and Positioning: Fluttering on my left side. Could baby Sandee be sitting on my descending colon? Haha, anyway, I thought it was gas but who knows!
- Weight gain: up another pound or 2. The nurse doesn’t seem to be impressed with my weight gain but I am very tall, so I think I will really gain towards the end.
- Nursery and registry: Still in denial? Nah, I realize we need to start planning this at some point. Tips on how to start are appreciated! I know I’ll need diapers.
- Names: talking about it with winecoach. He spent a whole night away thinking of an appropriate name for a Dutch-Brazilian baby who will be born in America. The name needs to make sense in three languages. He woke us with a brilliant idea if we have a boy but we need to think up girl’s names as well. I mostly agree with what came to him as an epiphany in the middle of the night , with the possibility of some changes around the main name. He is very into the name having strong family ties but we also want character. This should be interesting
- Midwife or OB: Happy with my midwife. She says we are doing well and I’m cleared to travel straight through 34 weeks of gestation. I think I’ll keep her.
- Aches and pains: Round ligament pain on the left side mostly. Feels like my left ovary but I know enough anatomy to know that’s what it is. Boobs are starting to give me a break with the pain but feel extremely heavy. In need of more coverage and better bra support. I should go maternity bra shopping.
- Sleep: Quite well! No more naps needed during the day. This feels good. I don’t feel handicapped anymore., anytime when given a chance.
- currently wearing: Loose dresses and stretchy pants.
- Traveling: Flying until they stop me, is the plan.
- Domestic: Amazing media trip to Northern Colorado where I got to visit 5 different cities on a culinary adventure! Made new friends, and made unforgettable memories! Working on that blog post!
- International: Not this week, but it’s coming!
I’m looking forward to sharing my weekly journey with you all so thank you for following along! Please let me a comment or message below about your experience during your second trimester as I’m only beginning. I’d love to know how you handled all these changes and outlook on what’s to come! Helpful Comments with any tips for the upcoming months as I dive into this beautiful trimester are appreciated! Felling pretty clueless, especially about starting the registry!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I will continue to snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Of course I’ll also be sharing some more awesome things about the pregnancy as I learn them! Videos stay up for 24 hours. I may condense them into YouTube videos after!