Super EASY and delicious! This is a great lunch or dinner option, whether you eat it all, are a vegetarian or plant based! Count colors, not calories guys: eat the rainbow to get all nutrition your body needs. This is a balanced salad, plenty of carbs from the fruits and veggies, protein from the quinoa and fat from the nuts! I hope you all enjoy this!
BERRY QUINOA SALAD
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
- 5-6 strawberries, sliced
- 5-6 heirloom cherry tomatoes
- Handfuk of mixed berries (blueberries, blackberries and/or raspberries)
- 1 oz sliced almonds (or nut of choice)
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- Balsamic vinegar drizzle, or the most awesome dressing ever (recipe below).
CILANTRO YOGURT DRESSING
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt (and pepper) to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Adjust for salt as pepper if desired (I found it didn’t really need it)
This dressing goes perfectly week with these ingredients as they are sweet, so you’ll find the balance refreshing!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I will continue to snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Of course I’ll also be sharing some more awesome things about the pregnancy as I learn them! Videos stay up for 24 hours. I may condense them into YouTube videos after!