I love infused water and drink it ALL day, EVERYDAY. Let me tell you why.
- It’s a great substitute for sugary juices (not to mention for sodas).
- It keeps me hydrated from the inside out, which means healthier skin.
- It absorbs the natural flavors from fruit providing added nutrition.
But most importantly….
I want to talk to you about the importance of hydration again. I’ve shared this before and wouldn’t be sharing again if it wasn’t truly important. READ ON if you’re really interested about the TRUTH, the PROS of drinking enough and sometimes the CONS of drinking too much water.
HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD YOU REALLY DRINK?
The truth is, it depends, and it varies according to our body weight and activity level.
50% of your body weight in ounces/day. Everyone can remember that right? But this is if you are pretty sedentary, and depends on what part of the world you live in (altitude and climate does impact our dehydration levels).
- Feeling thirsty? Thirst and dry mouth are the first signs of dehydration. Don’t wait to get thirsty. Space out your water drinking. This is why I’m such a huge advocate of Infused Water, especially if you’re one of those people who need flavor in your liquids.
- Look at your urine – NOT GROSS! Totally necessary and it will tell you whether you’ve had too much, too little or the right amount. Remember supplements more than likely will tint your urine. Urine should be clear, but will turn crazy radioactive colors when you take some vitamins so keep that in mind!
- Don’t over drink! I’ve done this before. Dehydration is dangerous but over hydration is also an issue. You can throw off your electrolytes and really mess up your sodium, potassium and chloride which are essential for your proper body’s functions!
- The point here is: you know how much to drink at a minimum. The rest will require you to LISTEN TO YOUR BODY and get to know how you perform. Chances are, you WILL underperform if you’re dehydrated, and your body will let you know but becoming lethargic, tired and dizzy amongst other side effects. Besides personal knowledge, the health and wellness source below.
I hope this helps!!!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
Snapchat: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so that means you can watch everything being made in real time!
SOURCE: USNews health and wellness. 09/13/13
I love fruit water too!!!!
Literally going to the store for cucumber mint and lemon.
But my question is…
How long should we infuse the water for? Overnight is good in guessing love your snapchat. Just started following it today!
#snapfam Aloha from Kauai ❣??☀️?
Minimum of 30 minutes and max of 3 days! I usually refill throughout the day up to 3 times! Mahalo love!!?
Good stuff! I aim for about 1/2 ounce per pound of body weight as I have a mostly sedentary life. They say the f you are pretty active, you can handle up to an ounce per pound, but no more. I actually would rather eat the fruit than drink it….lol! Much love Ana! #snapfam
LOL I eat it and drink it!! And you’re doing good it sounds like! Xoxo ?
These helped me pull away from sodas and energy drinks… My skin has definitely cleared up more but staying oil free longer throughout the days as well. #snapfam
So glad to hear this!! You got this??????
Comments are closed.