On Sundays we do brunch. That’s how #BrunchItOnSundays was born! When my Dutch in-laws are in town, I make this for brunch and the rest winecoach and I take to work as part of our meal prep! This is a family favorite, my Super ripe banana blender cake. I love the positive feedback I always get from those of you who remake it and tag me! You can’t mess this up. Definitely a crowd pleaser.
ONLY 1 step: all ingredients, 1 blender.
BANANA BLENDER CAKE – 1 STEP
- 2-3 overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup of Greek yogurt or apple sauce
- 1/4 cup honey or agave
- 1/4 cup coconut or brown cane sugar
- 1-2 eggs, or 1 egg, 2 egg whites (or 2-3 egg whites/flax egg)
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any)
- 1 cup flour or a combo of next 3 ingredients
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (or any flour)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of salt
- Handful of dark chocolate chips OR nuts of choice for sprinkling
Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare muffin or cake pan with cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients in blender except for chocolate chips/nuts and blend until homogeneous.
- Add chocolate chips or nuts to batter after or sprinkle on top.
- Pour batter to prepared baking pan and Bake anywhere from 25-30 minutes or until center is set.
- You can also pour into muffin molds and that should take anywhere between 18-25 minutes or until center is set.
It doesn’t get much easier than this, and a great healthy choice. Grab and Go for breakfast or enjoy at home with a cup of coffee! Cheers.
Count Colors, Not Calories!?
Other IG: @BrazilianFusion
Facebook:The Colorful Foodie