Hi guys, happy Summer!!!
Here is a SUPER recipe for you! This is a cold soup originated from Spain, specifically Andalusia, which is normally enjoyed in the summertime too cool us down! I thought this would be a perfect one to share with you since:
- Winecoach is a HUGE Spain enthusiast and has opened me up to appreciate this soup like I never thought I would (I mean, cold soup? Weird… except not! It is just delicious!).
- We were just in Spain last month and I got inspired all over again.
- I have Tony Tomato in my life, a local farmer extraordinaire here in St. Louis who makes all my tomato dreams come true!
Well Tony stopped by this week with beautiful heirloom tomatoes and we just knew: GAZPACHO all weekend!
So this is what you do:
HEIRLOOM TOMATO GAZPACHO
Feeds 4 people (or 2 very hungry ones, which is typically the case around here1
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 2-3 tbsp of EVOO
- 2-3 tbsp of balsamic reduction
- 2-3 pieces of toast or dry bread
- Salt to taste
- Chopped colorful tomatoes
- Chopped avocado
- Add all ingredients to blender or food processor and blend until smooth.Refrigerate for at least 20 minutes or blend with a few ice cubes.
- Add toppings (if you wish) and enjoy cold!
- I made this recipe my own and definitely adapted my toppings to be colorful, nutritious, delicious and FUN! I hope you guys try it – looking forward to hear what you think when you try!
- PS: You can use ANY tomato for this!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook and also “story and cook” so get the recipes in real time of instagram stories or Snapchat before they make it to the blog! A lot of this ends up on my YouTube channel as well so follow along! Stories and videos stay up for 24 hours