Go fresh peaches? I GOT YOU!
I might as well be from Georgia! Peach and pecan in a healthier version, I bring you:
HEALTHY PEACH PECAN CRUMBLE
- 4 extra large peaches, diced (or 5-6 medium)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
- ¾ c old-fashioned oats
- ¼ c flaxseed meal (or almond meal, or whole wheat flour)
- 2 tbsp honey or agave
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (or margarine, or coconut oil)
- 1/4 or 1/2 c chopped pecans (I LOVE, so I used 1/2 cup)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and lightly coat an 8”-square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, or soft butter.
- In a medium bowl, toss together the diced peaches, cornstarch, vanilla extract, and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flaxseed meal, and remaining cinnamon. Add in the honey and butter, mixing until completely incorporated.
- Spread the peach mixture into the prepared pan, and evenly sprinkle the oat crumbs on top. Sprinkle pecans over mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-45 minutes, or until the peach juice is bubbling and the oat mixture and pecans turn crunchy.
- Cool completely to room temperature. For best results, let the crumble rest for 2 hours after coming to room temperature before serving to allow the juices to thicken.
Or if you’re like me, enjoy them warm and delicious!!
PS: These keep beautifully in the fridge for a few days. If you want it warm, just pop in microwave or toaster oven (which is preferred) so the topping is still crunchy.
Oh YEA! Enjoy with whipped cream and more fresh peaches if you got them!
Thank you Tony Tomato for always bringing the freshest produce to my doorstep! If you’re from the St. Louis general area, definitely look up this character! He’s amazing!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook and also “story and cook” so get the recipes in real time of instagram stories or Snapchat before they make it to the blog! A lot of this ends up on my YouTube channel as well so follow along! Stories and videos stay up for 24 hours.