Hi guys!! Sorry about the period of dormancy! I was on vacation, relaxing, not cooking but I’m not gonna like, I missed it!! I’m so glad to be back sharing my recipes with you all! Make sure you’re following my Snapchat: AnaSandee so you can see all I’m cooking in real time! I share at least one recipe a day!
Anyway, as you know, brunch is my all time weakness and I’m all about it! Breakfast casseroles are also up there because who doesn’t like a gooey bowl of goodness in the mornings? I know I do, so I had to share this healthier version of bake “Huevos Rancheros” in a bowl with you all! It’s a bit different because it is made with sweet potato that gives it a great savory and sweet edge along which in my opinion marries all the flavors perfectly! Here is what you do:
HUEVOS RANCHEROS CASSEROLE BAKE
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1 tbsp avocado oil, or oil of preference
- 1/4 cup chopped red and yellow bell pepper
- 1 chopped sweet potato
- 1/2 cup chopped red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 roasted green chiles, chopped
- 4 eggs
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- 1 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 small avocado, chopped
- Salt and black pepper to tasteHOW
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat up cast iron skillet on medium and Sautée onions and garlic in about 1tbsp avocado oil (or any oil of preference) for 2-3 min until translucent. Add sweet potatoes and sautée for about 8-10 minutes until tender. Add bell peppers at the last 2 minutes for a quick sear. Be sure to use salt and pepper to taste! Add green chile to the mix for an extra kick. This is optional of course.
- Prepare 2 small casseroles ramekins with cooking spray of oil and divide sweet potato/bell pepper hash evenly between the two. Add Beans. Crack the eggs evenly (or unevenly!) over the top and sprinkle goat cheese and cilantro. Pop in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. I like mine baked soft for a goewy runny yolk center.
- Get it out (take a picture), allowing it to cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy! Will be very hot so do wait! Serve with fresh slices of avocado and more cilantro to taste. I hope you love it! It’s delicious!
Follow me and my other social media channels!
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie