I had no clue. No idea. For the longest time, I didn’t know how to make what I felt was the most technique involved culinary feat of all time! In reality, as I kept trying, I realized it was quite easy, and a pretty darn healthy and enjoyable way to enjoy this delicious savory addition to any meal!
- Make sure your eggs are as fresh as possible.
- Add 2-3 inches of water to a pan and bring to light boil.
- Add a small dash of any vinegar to steadily simmering water.
- Crack eggs individually into a ramekin or cup.
- Use a spoon to create a whirlpool effect, or as I like to call it, a “mini tornado ” stirring the water in a circular motion to encase the egg white around the yolk as you drop it in.
- Slowly tip the egg into the water, put the lid on the pan and remove from heat.
- I like soft poach, so I leave the egg alone for 3-4 minutes which results in the perfect egg drool situation I’m typically looking for.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, and place it on a paper towel or linen and allow it to drain gently. Nobody wants excess water on top of their salad or sandwich!
- Add to your dish and season with salt, pepper and herbs!
ENJOY! Watch the quick video of how to make it in under 2 minutes and see the end result!
Count Colors, Not Calories!