Happy St. Patrick’s Day everyone!
If you’re a dark chocolate lover looking for a healthy brownie recipe (with a dash of green for good luck), this one is for you! Avocados are the base here and no need to add oil as it is nature’s butter! This makes for a thin gooey brownie that you need in your life!
Avocados are incredibly nutritious, not to mention so delicious! They contain more potassium than bananas even and also fiber. Avos are the good kinda fat you want to add to stuff, and really is a great substitute for oils and butter like in this recipe.
I love chocolate and this will now be my go to quick recipe! My mom who bakes awesome cakes (all with a hefty amount of butter) and she couldn’t believe this was made from avocados! It was gone in one sitting! I had to share with you all, so here is the recipe:
HEALTHY AVOCADO BROWNIES
- 1 large avocado (1 1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup maple butter (I used Parker’s Real Maple Butter) or 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour of choice (I used whole wheat)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Heft pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips + more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease an 8×8″ baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine avocado, maple butter/syrup, Greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Blend with hand blender. You can also add ingredients to a blender or food processor. I’m a big blender person but mine is so loud and baby is usually sleeping so I often go for the hand blender which also does the job incredibly well.
- Whisk in eggs.
- To wet ingredients, whisk in flour, cocoa powder, sea salt, and baking soda until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and pour mixture into the greased baking dish. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake for about 22-25 minutes.
Allow to cool and enjoy!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes end up on my YouTube channel, so follow along!
Hi Ana! My 4 yr old son decided he wanted to start baking. So this week we made your brownies. Actually my son, with my help made your brownies. They turned out great! He loved them. I say this in the past tense because they are gone. We made them Tuesday and its only Thursday! 🙂
You should try making the blondies for Easter. Let your mind be blown!!! ??? and YAY! Tag me on pictures on Instagram.
Comments are closed.