Who doesn’t love fries!? It’s always a gunner thought because “baked” fries are just never as good as fried, and fried food is really not the best option when trying to live a healthy lifestyle. Well, I heard about this “air fryer” and how it was supposedly a game changer and decided to try. Sure enough, YES! It makes your fries crispy in a much healthier way! Happy with the results and will be making these again. What I did:
HEALTHIER CRISPY POTATO WEDGES
- 2 large waxy potatoes
- 1-2 tbsp oil (I used avocado + olive oil)
- salt, pepper to taste
- Optional: paprika, chipotle powder red pepper flakes
- Scrub the potatoes and boil gently for 35-40 minute until tender.
- Drain them thoroughly, then pat them dry with kitchen paper. Allow them to cool for about 30 minutes, I placed mine into the fridge.
- Preheat the Airfryer to 390°F or 180°C.
- Half them and cut each wedges.
- Place wedges in a bowl and toss with oil and spices until they are fully coated.
- Transfer them to the Airfryer basket. Slide the basket into the Airfryer and set the timer for 15 minutes. Turn or “shake” wedges half way, at about 7-8 minutes.
- Wedges will crisp up and be ready between 12-15 minutes.
- Serve on a platter with dipping sauces. I like to mix ketchup and mayo or make a cilantro yogurt sauce!
I hope you try and enjoy!!
Follow me and my other social media channels!
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie