This is for those of us who enjoy bold flavors that will take over our senses! This skillet is a party for my taste buds because on weekends, we brunch like nobody’s business. I will proudly wake up and take to the kitchen to create what I feel like is a restaurant quality meal for my family. Yes, at least once (or twice a week), I feel a BIG brunch is in order, because weekends are made for celebrations, and I celebrate with food. I love food. We all love food. Let’s get to it, but first take a minute to appreciate the beautiful flowers @winecoach has brought home!
- 1/2 lb of chorizo
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cubed
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 tbsp EVOO
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro to taste
- 2 green chiles, chopped
- 4-5 eggs
- 1 oz crumbled goat cheese
- Avocado slices for garnishing
***Feel free to substitute the chorizo for any meat of your choice: ground beef,chicken or turkey would work well but I recommend seasoning it well s that it can pack the flavor punch. Of course you may also leave it vegetarian, that’s cool too! )
Keep in mind: Brunch + Mimosa = Happiness
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- I used a cast iron pan: First add EVOO, onions and garlic in medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Let it sweat.
- Add the chorizo and cook it through, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cubed sweet potatoes and incorporate them well with the chorizo for a few minutes. Place the lid over the pan and allow it to cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add chopped bell pepper, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped cilantro to taste. Give it a good mix and make some indentations for your eggs.
- Slide eggs into the slots created for them and sprinkle halved cherry tomatoes, goat cheese and more fresh cilantro over the top.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until the eggs set but still have a runny yolk.
- Serve immediately with a side of avocado and mimosas!
Weekend brunch at our house is better than anywhere else! I would rarely trade the weekend celebration, and when I do, it’s to obtain more inspiration for home.
Follow me and my other social media channels!
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
WATCH THE VIDEO OF HOW I MADE THIS BELOW:
And this is what your actual plate will look like!! I hope you enjoy it!