Per your request, here are those fantastic apple pancakes I made on snapchat! I cook and snap, and at some point, the recipes will typically make it on here. Today I had so many requests I just had to get it up right away, so here it is.
GREEN APPLE PANCAKES
- 1 cup of any flour (I used rye today)
- 1/2 cup almond meal (almond flour)
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal (ground flaxseed)
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or another)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- Cinnamon and ground nutmeg to taste
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk (or milk of choice) at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (or favorite source of fat such as coconut oil)
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- Warm maple syrup
- Almond butter
- Fresh apples, thinking sliced
- Chopped pecans
- 3-4 bacon strips, cooked and crispy
- Whisk flour, almond and flaxseed meal along with the coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add in the melted butter (or oil) into the milk mixture. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry mixture, and whisk just long enough to make a thick batter.
- Peel and shred apples. Fold them into the batter.
- Make the pancakes! Prepare pan with cooking spray and ladle about 1/4 cup batter onto pan. Cook both sides throughly without turning until browned, about 3 minutes each side because these are thick.
- Serve immediately or transfer to oven to keep warm.
- If you want to add an extra flavor profile, stack pancakes with bacon strips in between. Bacon and green apples go very well together.
- Top stack up with apple slices, almond butter and some chopped pecans. Serve with warm maple syrup, or as I did today, with schenkstroop, a Dutch pancake syrup to change things up!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I will continue to snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Of course I’ll also be sharing some more awesome things about the pregnancy as I learn them! Videos stay up for 24 hours. I may condense them into YouTube videos after!