Weeknight smoking fun!!!
It’s no secret smoking meats can be a long process, but what if you’re short on time and still want to enjoy a smokey pork dinner after work during the week? This is me, like every night. Especially in the summer, because we are currently chasing summer flavors! It’s grilling weather and I can’t stop, especially now since we acquired a big girl smoker!
I’m collaborating with National Pork Board to bring you “Porkfection”, even when you’re running low on time. I used a smaller cut (bone in to maximize the taste), a fierce marinade and a digital meat thermometer to achieve proper temperature!
What you need:
- 2 bone-in pork chops
- 1 pork tenderloin
- Juice of 2 limes
- Coarse sea salt
- Pepper and paprika to taste. I used one of my favorite rubs of choice (Traeger’s Pork and poultry rub which I really enjoy) to finish.
1. First step is to marinate for 2-3 hours. Rub lime juice and garlic all over the meat followed by the coarse sea salt and spices. Let it sit in the fridge to settle. You can even marinate overnight, especially if you’re doing this as make ahead meal.
2. Preheat your pellet grill to 225°F degrees and take the chops out of the fridge to allow them to get to room temperature. Place chops on the grill, close the lid and smoke the chops for 45 minutes-1 hour, turning them halfway.
3. Remove once the chops reach 145°. I use a Weber iGrill Mini which tells me when my meat has reached temperature via Bluetooth pairing with my phone. Simply amazing.
4. Wrap the chops in aluminum foil and allow them to rest for at least 10 minutes or “Keep warm” in the girl until ready to serve.
5. Remove the chops from the grill and serve with your favorite sides.
I chose pork chops due to the convenience of an everyday recipe, since I wanted something quicker but still delicious (yes to bone-in, ALWAYS!) I also have a small pork tenderloin that went along for the ride and was simply delicious. These cuts are perfect for a weekday, small family affair and since they are thin, they will cook faster. Choosing a bone in cut will always guarantee BIG FLAVOR. This marinade with garlic and lime also bring big FLAVOR to any pork, regardless of preparation, so definitely try it.
I want to reiterate that is very important that pork is cooked properly, so don’t cheat on using an internal temperature thermometer such as the Weber iGrill Mini. I am giving one of these away on my instagram, so click here to see the rules to enter the giveaway!
So easy to check the temperature on an app in your phone!
The Weber iGrill Mini is such a cool gadget to use! It warns you when your meat has reached temperature on your phone!
Watch the video on how to do it!
Comment below your favorite cut and marinade!