I’ll never give up on berries, even as we welcome Autumn! A good pizza, flatbread or just a piece of warm bread with some delicious toppings are the best combo for any time of the year. Made this delicious chicken strawberry flatbread with my favorite, BALSAMIC everything and excited to share with you all! I hope you enjoy it and try it at home. Don’t forget to visualize the video and make your own balsamic reduction like I did! Here is what’s going on here:
Balsamic Chicken and Strawberry Flatbread
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thinly sliced strips
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 flatbreads
- Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low-moisture mozzarella cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 2 ounces crumbled blue or goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I used Pompeian organic balsamic vinegar)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 8-10 strawberries, sliced
- A few mint or basil leaves for sprinkling
- 2-3 tablespoons honey + 2-3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar OR balsamic reduction
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is golden brown, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the 2 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar together with the chicken and the thyme and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes until mixture is thoroughly mixed and cooked through.
- Arrange both flatbreads aside each other and brush lightly with high quality olive oil.
- Sprinkle mozzarella over the top then scatter chicken and onions over the mozzarella and finally top with cherry tomatoes and blue or goat cheese crumbles.
- Bake until crust starts reaching a golden color on the bottom and cheese is melting, about 8 minutes. Add strawberry slices about half way, when there 4-5 minutes to go.
- Meanwhile, mix the balsamic vinegar and honey together and drizzle over the flatbreads once out of the oven. You may also opt for simply drizzling balsamic reduction, my favorite!
- Sprinkle with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so follow me there to get the scoop on all the recipes before they even make it to the blog or to any of my other social media! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes become YouTube videos, Yeah!
Here is a quick video on how to make this delicious balsamic reduction in 15 minutes!