When you crave something sweet but want to keep it healthy….
What to do? Look to your seasonal fruits! Naturally sweet, can easily be elevated with seasonal spices, and nuts. I LOVE poached or baked pears. I had one single red pear in the fridge so it was the winner, and I was very happy with the end result. This is easily a shareable dessert, but yours truly was home alone today, so you already know what happened.
This is what I did:
BAKED RED PEAR WITH CINNAMON PECAN
- 1 Red Pear
- 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of chopped pecans
- Cinnamon to taste
Ice cream or nice cream of choice.
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350°F.
- Cut the red pear in half and seed it.
- Lather both halves with the honey or maple syrup.
- Sprinkle pecans over the top and add a little more syrup followed by a hefty sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes and serve with ice cream and drizzle caramel over the top.
No joke, this would make a wonderful alternate recipe for Thanksgiving. If anything, the fruit would be quite refreshing after eating all that turkey!! Cheers!