I wanted to share with you a few of my favorite snacks EVER! I love to dress up my toasts for a snack or meal which can easily be achieved by adding to a side salad or soup of choice. I also like to pair a savory and sweet toast – it’s like lunch and dessert made simple, and can be quite nutritious! I like to liven up the toasts because:
- Healthy and nutritious
- Easy and simple to put together
- Healthy and tasty
My favorite bread to use for my toast is the a honey oat and nut breads variation, but any high fiber bread will do! I like to keep the toppings colorful and of course maintaining taste and texture, whether sweet or savory! Here is is what’s on the toasts!
- Mix of low fat cream cheese + low fat greek yogurt, Kiwi slices, Passion fruit
- Hazelnut spread, Strawberry slices, chopped Hazelnuts, Mint leaves
- Almond butter, Banana slices, Chia seeds, Honey
- Low fat Cream cheese, prosciutto, roasted asparagus , Drizzle of balsamic reduction
- Pesto, Mozzarella, Cherry tomatoes, Basil, Drizzle of balsamic reduction
- Low fat cream cheese, Lox (smoked salmon), Avocado slices
I like to make these a meal by adding a soup, so here are some of my favorite soups! Click on the links below each soup picture to get the full recipe. Enjoy!!!
I hope you try them and enjoy! Don’t forget to let me know how you liked these!!
Count Colors, NOT Calories
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie