It’s hard to give up bread. I know. I love it too. Have you see the rest of this blog? Look around. You’ll see, I freakin love bread. Annnnnd it’s also the number 1 concern of anyone I speak to in regards to cutting sugar and flour out of their diet, even if temporarily.
I have a dear friend that even said: I’ll do the diet, but you need to figure out how I can eat bread! CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! And I went to work, and go day in and out trying to figure out how to make the things I love in the best way possible for me, for you, for our community.
So yea….it’s hard to say no to the warm bread basket that comes to the table at the restaurant, or the daily sandwich so many of us grab and go! It is JUST hard because it is part of so many people’s lives, but honestly, it’s not impossible, and if it will help your metabolism reset, assist you in shedding some lbs and decrease overall inflammation in your body, I think it is worth it!
In efforts to continue following this path, here is yet another flourless/sugarless recipe to help us out! I hope you give it a shot. It is quite similar my Brazilian Cheese waffles recipe that takes tapioca flour (which we aren’t doing right now).
Four ingredient Cheesy Waffles
Flourless – Sugarless
(Serves one. Feel free to double or triple for the whole family)
- 2 heaping tbsps of cottage cheese
- 1 oz shredded cheese (I used a mix of mozzarella and sharp cheddar)
- 2 tbsp quick oats
- 1 egg (or 2 eggs whites)
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes (Or you do you! These are just me doing me!)
- Feel free to get original. Add things like olives, sundried tomatoes, fresh herbs, other cheeses. This is YOUR canvas baby, paint!
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Pour batter in a waffle iron (or you can use a small frying pan an cover it until it “sets”). I’ve only used the waffle iron.
- When “batter” is set, cut into pieces of “bread” and treat it as such. You can also treat it as a savory waffle like I did below and make it a delicious meal or side dish.
For fun, I served this with a dollop of Greek yogurt in place of sour cream, salsa, and yes, avocado. I eat one avocado a day and have no shame. Half at lunch and half at dinner, keeps me full and happy, because it’s delicious and balances the cheesiness of this waffle/bread situation.
For Brazilians this is a treat, because it does taste a lot like our Brazilian cheese balls (seen above). This can easily be converted into a bread for your sandwich, so you can definitely make it work. I hope you do.
So please, enjoy!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!