Would you care for some pancakes with your blueberries? That was the question this morning here in Kasteel Sandee, our home where creative brunches are born each weekend! These are perfect for the baking challenged because you can achieve awesome results with very few ingredients and still deliver a healthy breakfast!
3 INGREDIENT HEALTHY PANCAKES
3 medium or 2 large bananas, mashed
- 3 eggs or (2 eggs, 2 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup almond meal (or oat flour, or any flour)
Optional (not needed, but enjoyed):
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds (because Omega 3s!)
- Cinnamon for added flavor
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter)
- Slivered almonds for sprinkling
- Maple syrup for sweetness
- Literally mash bananas with a fork or potato masher. Add eggs and whisk away. Add almond meal. Actually these work quite well with just bananas and eggs, but some people complain they fall apart easily, so adding almond meal makes it easier to handle. I also like adding ground flaxseed and cinnamon for taste. The batter is lumpy, that’s how you want it. If it’s too runny you’ll have trouble flipping the pancakes.
- On a frying pan or griddle, pour small quantities of batter. Smaller pancakes are easier to flip! This will make about 12-14 small pancakes. Serves 2 for a nice brunch size meal.
- Heat up almond butter, (or half almond, half peanut butter). I used 2 tbsps of each and spread some in between pancake layers, topped off with fresh blueberries and sprinkled with silvered almonds. DE-Lish! I hope you try, and Enjoy!
Xoxo, Ana ?
Count Colors, Not Calories!?
Other IG: @BrazilianFusion
Facebook:The colorful foodie