Sorry for the delay on getting this recipe to you guys, but here it is! It is so simple I didn’t think it would warrant a recipe, but your requests on Snapchat and on Instagram has me thinking otherwise, so here is the quick and easy recipe to something so simple you can have for lunch, dinner or mealprep! I hope you love it as much as I did. Too simple, and a great way to get those veggies in without much effort (especially if you want to trick those in your life who aren’t a big fan of broccoli).
SANTA FE CHICKEN AND CILANTRO BROCCOLI RICE
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 head of broccoli, steamed
- 2 (4-6 oz) chicken breasts, Santa Fe seasoning
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes
SANTA FE CHICKEN MARINADE
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon packed light or dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
CILANTRO YOGURT DRESSING
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt (and pepper) to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Adjust for salt as pepper if desired (I found it didn’t really need it)
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices and brown sugar. Stir in the olive oil and mix until a crumbly, moist paste forms.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in baking pan and rub the chicken generously with the spice mixture on all sides, cover it with a plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours. You can also use a gallon Ziploc back for this.
- Cook 1 cup of brown rice according to instructions. Will yield 2 cups cooked rice.
- Steam or boil 1 head of broccoli, chopped into single florets until tender. then coarsely or finely chop them so they can easily incorporate into the rice.
- Pan-sear marinated chicken breast in 1-2 tbsp of olive oil for about 3-4 minutes per side (depending on thickness of fillet) until cooked through with a nice brown sear.
- Add cherry tomatoes to pan in the last 2 minutes of searing chicken, so the flavors are incorporated in the cherry tomatoes.
- Serve chicken over rice with cherry tomatoes and drizzle yogurt cilantro sauce over everything for added yum-ness!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I cook and Snap, and YouTube and have fun! Follow my Snapchat for all my recipes before they make it to the blog and to YouTube. Beware of belly appearances! Check out the YouTube for consolidated recipes!