Yes. You heard. I made “keto” ice cream. With coconut in. No churning necessary. You don’t need a machine for this. Just 5 hours of patience until it “sets” and you can face dive into it.
Are you ready?
KETO COCONUT ICE CREAM
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk (15oz)
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of confectioners swerve
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Place coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight (or ar least 3-4 hours) it needs to be cold so the thick cream separates from the coconut water. Then you’re going to scoop out the solidified cream and whip that for a couple or minutes with a hand mixer or by hand until it turns into coconut whipped cream.
- Whip the coconut whipping cream until it turns into whipped cream. By hand or using a stand mixer. This happens fairly quickly, within 4 minutes using my kitchen aid.
- Mix the confectioners swerve and vanilla extract with the whipped cream using a whisk.
- Fold in the coconut whipped cream you made from the cream. It will look like a bunch of whipped cream and this is your ice cream. Are you excited yet?
- Use a glass container or bread loaf pan and place down some parchment paper. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of shredded coconut on the bottom.
- Smooth the ice cream mixture over the top. Sprinkle the other 1/4 cut of shredded coconut on top (or more, I’m not monitoring you!
- Fold the parchment paper over the pan and place it in your freezer for at least 5 hours.
- Scoop out your prize and enjoy it for dessert with your favorite fruit or whatever naughty toppings you desire.
My work is done here. I know you’re gonna LOVE THIS!!! You’re welcome!