Trying to keep it low carb? Try this for breakfast! Or lunch…Or dinner..
Today, it was brunch!!
Or any time!!! This morning my little helper was ready to help!
KETO ALMOND WAFFLES
- 4 large eggs
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temp
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (ghee) or oil of choice
- 1/4 cup of almond flour or almond meal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder or xantham gum
- Optional: Add 1/4 cup chopped pecans in batter
TOPPINGS: Almond butter instead, warmed. I like the crunchy unsalted one from Trader Joe’s.
Whisk soft cream cheese with eggs and butter. Then add all other ingredients together and put in the waffle iron. I love this waffle iron because not only does it cook quickly and evenly, it is nonstick and worth every penny.
- 2 green apples, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2-4 tbsp chopped pecans
- Cinnamon to taste
- Melt 1 tbsp of butter in a large skillet.
- Place apples in skillet and sautéed with cinnamon.
- Add second tbsp of butter followed by maple syrup, little by little as you allow the apples to caramelize.
- Then sprinkle pecans – it will add another layer of caramelized nuttiness.
Add the warm almond butter on top of the fluffy waffles followed by the toppings!
Since the toppings are sweet, I did not add sugar or sweeteners to the waffle batter, but you can easily make this savory by adding chives, bacon bits and salt.
Next time!! Let me know how you like it?