I know what you’re thinking! These can’t be healthy….but they are! They are SO healthy! The waffles themselves that is! It’s up to you what you smother on top of them, and I smothered nutella and almond butter. Almond butter is cool, but 4th trimester cravings are real, and my baby is only 5 weeks old SO…Wait, am I explaining myself? ha!
Check the recipe below, I know that’s what you’re here for! Again, healthy batter, your choice of toppings. Today, this was mine, and I REGRET NOTHING!!!
HEALTHY BANANA WAFFLES
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Cinnamon for days
- 1 cup buttermilk (can use milk, but buttermilk makes waffles way fluffier)
- 1 egg, 1 egg white
- 2 ripe bananas, smashed
- Almond butter
- Hazelnut butter
- Chopped pecans
- Whipped cream
- Cinnamon to taste
- Sliced bananas
- Maple syrup to taste
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg.
- Mix together the mashed bananas, buttermilk and eggs and add it to the dry mix until batter is smooth-ish (will be chunky).
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the waffle batter onto the each hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown.
- If you want to make it like did, smother with almond and hazelnut butter (or pick one, or use another nut butter). Sprinkle with pecans, a swirl of whipped cream and cinnamon to taste.
- Add sliced bananas on top and shower with maple syrup to taste. Feel free to also do it your way!
Serve hot! It’s great to wake up the kids, even though mine can’t eat it yet, her sense of smell is just AMAZING! She did wake up!
See video below and FOLLOW my YouTube Channel for all my videos and more!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Instagram: @BrazilianFusion Instagram: @ColorfulPregnancy Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! For example, this recipe was made right on snapchat and later became a video! Videos stay up for 24 hours, so get following there! I also share baby talk and daily adventures!
I have a question regarding the measurements! On the written instructions you mentioned 3 teaspoons of Baking powder, but in the video it says 3 tbsp (which means tablespoons)! I’m confused to which one to use now! ?
Very good question and definitely an error! It’s teaspoons for sure! I will fix it.
Comments are closed.