I LOVE bananas, and always have super ripe bananas at home, so naturally I’m always looking to incorporate them in breads, cakes, cookies, you name it. I have many recipes with bananas in them, but this really turned out amazing for me, so I figured to give this to you as a Valentine’s day gift! You already have these ingredients at home, so get to you! It’s no shame if you don’t have the heart shaped muffin pan. They’ll understand! Enjoy!
Healthy Banana Nut Chocolate Muffins
- 2-3 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk of choice (I used coconut almond)
- ⅓ cup oil (I used melted coconut oil )
- 2 tablespoons of maple butter (or 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A hefty pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more for true lovers)
- 1¾ cups whole wheat flour (or flour of choice)
Optional (but I wouldn’t skip it unless you really must):
- ½ cup chopped pecans (or nut of choice)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (your choice as well, I like the dark chocolate!)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan or a 12 piece muffin pan (in this case the muffins were shaped like hearts).
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, add the oil and beat together with the maple butter/syrup or honey together with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the and milk.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend.
- Stir in the flour, just until combined. A lumpy batter is perfectly fine.
- Add in your (non) optional options, meaning you may fold in your pecans and chocolate chips
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf or muffin pan. Sprinkle more chocolate chips because why not? .
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes if you’re making a full loaf, or 30 minutes fir muffins. Always do the toothpick check to ensure doneness.
- Let the bread cool. At least 10 minutes for muffins, 20 minutes for loaf before slicing or biting into!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Instagram: @BrazilianFusion Instagram: @ColorfulPregnancy Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! For example, this recipe was made right on snapchat and later became a video! Videos stay up for 24 hours, so get following there! I also share baby talk and daily adventures!