A taste of home, so it was the first thing I made as soon as I got home after being gone for 3 weeks between working and on vacation. One loaf lasted 1 day between winecoach and I. I guess I need to make another one tomorrow! So delicious….here is the scoop!
- 2-3 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used coconut almond)
- 1/3 cup oil (I used melted coconut oil )
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup – OR 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon (or more, if you love it like me)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A hefty pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more for true lovers)
- 1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour (or flour of choice)
- 1/2 – 1 cup chopped pecans (or nut of choice). The more nuts the better!
- Optional: 1/2 cup chocolate chips (your choice as well, I like the dark chocolate!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, add the oil and beat together with the maple syrup or honey (or sugar) together with a whisk.
- Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the and milk.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, salt and cinnamon, and whisk to blend.
- Stir in the flour, just until combined. A lumpy batter is perfectly fine.
- Fold in pecans, the more the merrier (and chocolate chips).
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf or muffin pan. Sprinkle more pecan pieces on top and perhaps a dusting of cinnamon.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes if you’re making a full loaf, or 30 minutes for muffins. Always do the toothpick check to ensure doneness.
- Let the bread cool. At least 10 minutes for muffins, 20 minutes for loaf before slicing or biting into! I love warm bread with butter. Yum….
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours.