- Preheat oven airfryer to 390-400F. I’d using the oven, preheat it to 400F.
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Cut the squash into 1/4 inch rings.
- Get 2 bowls: In one bowl, whisk the egg, 2 tablespoons of water, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a second bowl, place the grated Parmesan and breadcrumbs sprinkled with dried basil and oregano.
- Use one hand to pick up the squash, dredge it on the egg mixture and then in the Parmesan bowl mixture moving it around until fully coated.
- Spray with olive oil on both sides. If using the air fryer place a single layer in air fryer basket. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- If using oven, line rings on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and if using the oven, bake for 20 minutes, turning it halfway. Broil on high for an additional 2 minutes to get them nice and crispy. It will be ready when crunchy and golden brown.
Serve with desired sauces I like a tangy aioli or marinara sauce.
I like a tangy aioli: Mix mayo with a bit of garlic powder, paprika and red paper flakes for an added bite!
See our feature on Show me St. Louis cooking segment!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – Follow for my recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! They typically end up on my YouTube channel as well! Videos stay up for 24 hours. They are also featured on my highlights over on Instagram Stories!