Easy and delicious, spicy and filling! If you want something quick for pasta night, this is the way to go. We ate the whole skillet, just 2 of us. Yep, myself and winecoach! It could easily feed 4 people, but you know, I am 35 weeks pregnant, so… Here you go, my colorful angry and spicy tomato sauce (that’s actually what it means in Italian!)
COLORFUL PASTA ARRABBIATA
- 1 pound/package of pasta of choice (I used spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- One 26.42-ounce container chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Parsley
- 6 leaves fresh basil, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped pancetta
- Mozzarella pearls
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 kalamata or black olives, chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add salt to the boiling water, then add the pasta. I used spaghetti but anything goes. Cook according to the package instructions.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil followed by the onion, garlic and cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. If using pancetta, stir it in until cooked through and slightly browned.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, red chile flakes, Parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the chopped basil.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce. Throw in the cherry tomatoes and olives and allow flavors to marry in low heat, about 3-4 minutes. Garnish with Mozzarella pears and sprinkle basil on top, allowing pearls to melt. Ready to serve!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so follow me there to get the scoop on all the recipes before they even make it to the blog or to any of my other social media! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes become YouTube videos, Yeah!