It’s no surprise to anyone I’m obsessed with French toast and the infinite variations for toppings and fillings that can be created. This Valentine’s Day, I bring you a boozy Bailey’s version which I’ve done once before.
I love baileys, and always add it to my coffee on weekends, so adding it to brunch seemed like a no brainer, especially with the strawberries and cream Baileys that came out this season! It is basically strawberry milk for grown ups, Heyyyyyy!
BOOZY STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM FRENCH TOAST
- 6-8 slices of bread (I recommend brioche but any sliced bread of your choice will do)
- Cooking spray or coconut oil for pan searing French toast
Boozy French Toast Batter
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/4-1/2 cup of Baileys
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Boozy Strawberry Filling
- 1/4 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp baileys
- 10-12 Strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Maple syrup
- Optional Boozy Topping: 1/4-1/2 cup baileys (for reducing)
- Make the French toast batter whisking all the ingredients together and dip each sliced bread into the batter until it is nicely soaked.
- Heat up a skillet or griddle at medium heat with cooking spray or coconut oil. Pan sear for about 2-3 minutes depending on the thickness of your toast. Flip when golden brown.
- Make the boozy filling by whipping the ingredients together. I sometimes use the cream cheese version that already has green yogurt in it. Make sure you whip quickly with a whisk to gr a nice homogenous spread. Set aside.
- For the strawberry topping: if you are going to reduce some baileys, add 1/4-1/2 cup to a sauce pan and allow it to simmer for 2-3 minutes until it thickens slightly. How much you use will depend on how much you want (obviously, but reducing will thicken the baileys and you will get a bit less.
- Build your stack! Layer French toast, spread filling, add chopped strawberries, pour a bit of the boozy topping followed by another piece of French toast and so on.
- Add more strawberries on top, whipped cream, a bit of the boozy baileys topping, chopped pecan (I add that to everything right) and maple syrup.
- TREAT YO-SELF! This is self love for a special day for YOU!
If they are lucky, maybe the sweetheart and/or the family can enjoy some too!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I will continue to snap and cook so get the recipes in real time before they make it to the blog! Videos stay up for 24 hours. I may condense them into YouTube videos after!