Sunday Brunch IS a thing around here. We make it BIG, we make it Colorful! This is a quite simple and nutritious waffle recipe, so keep it handy when you want to make tasty and healthy breakfast for the family. The fun twist comes from the Brazilian Spread I really love called Doce de Nata, which is a Milk custard similar to dulce de leche, mixed to coconut to make a rich and creamy spread – we will call that the “cream” in our recipe today.
The recipe is easy, the waffles are tasty, so without further ado, here is what you need to make this happen!
BERRIES AND CREAM WAFFLES WITH A TWIST!!
- 1 3/4 cups any flour
- I used: 1/2 cup amaranth flour, 1/2 cup almond meal, 1/2 cup oat flour, 1/4 cup ground flaxseed)
- 2 tbsp Honey or agave
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 tbsp any oil, I used grapeseed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Almond Milk + 2 tbsp
- 1 Egg and 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- optional: 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- Fresh berries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Doce de Nata – which is a Brazilian spread that resembles dulce de leche (Brazilian doce de leite) and coconut
- Heat waffle iron.
- Combine wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet.
- Waffles should have a thick consistency. Add to waffle iron and cook to preference.
- Mix together doce de nata or dulce de leche) and coconut. Heat slightly.
- Mount waffles, spreading doce de nata or dulce de leche in between followed by a light sprinkle of chopped pecan.
- Top off with fresh berries and shredded coconut.
WATCH THIS VIDEO AND LEARN HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE IN UNDER 3 MINUTES!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook, so follow me there to get the scoop on all the recipes before they even make it to the blog or to any of my other social media! Videos stay up for 24 hours and sometimes become YouTube videos, Yeah!