Hands down, EASIEST pasta sauce you’ll EVER make.
And likely most satisfying, if you’re an avocado lover like I am. Who remember’s the Avo-Cado text from Winecoach when he was food shopping? if you do, let me know. That still makes me chuckle!
This is a quick and Easy sauce to smother your favorite pasta in! I poured it over My favorite stuffed pasta: Cheese tortellini. This beloved, and essentially 3 ingredient Avocado Sauce to which I’ve added a very fresh ingredient from the new herb garden: BASIL! Simple and amazing, Guilt-Free pasta sauce! Feel free to experiment and pour over ANY pasta of your choice, or vegetable “pasta” such as noodles.
What is going on here:
AVOCADO BASIL SAUCE
Over Cheese Tortellini
- 2 cups of tortellini (or any pasta of choice)
- 2 haas avocado, peeled
- 1/2 cup any milk (or more depending on the creaminess you prefer)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5-10 fresh basil leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- Sundried tomatoes
- Toasted pine nuts
- Cook tortellini to package directions.
- Blend avocado, garlic and basil leaves in food processor until smooth. May add milk straight into it.
- Transfer all to sauce pan and add water (or more milk) slowly as you stir until desired consistency is reached. You can keep it thick and creamy as well!
- Season with sauce and pepper to taste. Mix in cooked tortellini. Add toppings of choice and optional parmesan to sauce pan or sprinkle over pasta when done.
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
SNAPCHAT: AnaSandee – I snap and cook and also “story and cook” so get the recipes in real time of instagram stories or Snapchat before they make it to the blog! A lot of this ends up on my YouTube channel as well so follow along! Stories and videos stay up for 24 hours