Bringing back the Booty! Give your BUTTS a purpose! Your bread butts that is…
I make this over and over again, as soon as I accumulate enough bread bottoms (the ones no one ever wants to eat)! I freeze those babies and then turn them into the most delicious and healthy ooey gooey green apple bread pudding. Make them into muffins, into a big cake like pudding or personal size pies. Top them with caramel or this delicious homemade blueberry Sauce! I usually make it for #BrunchItOnSundays, but why limit ourselves right? These make great muffins on the go or meal prep slices. Cheers! What I did:
Green Apple Bread Pudding (Cake or Muffins)
- 8 slices of bread booties cut into bread cubes- Yes, thaw out the frozen left over bread butts you save in your freezer! (I can’t be the only one that does that!)
- 1/4-1/2 cup of dried cranberries or dried blueberries
- 2 cups peeled and sliced Granny Smith apples
- 2 tbsp cup agave or honey
- 1 3/4 cups any milk (I used almond)
- 1 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 eggs, or 4 egg whites beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F/175 degrees C. Grease any baking dish or muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, combine bread, cranberries/blueberries, and apples. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine brown sugar, 1 3/4 cups milk, honey/agave and butter/oil. Cook and stir until margarine is melted. Pour over bread mixture in bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour bread mixture into cake pan or muffin tins, and pour egg mixture over it all evenly. Sprinkle some more cinnamon over the top!
Bake in preheated oven to 350F and bake for 25-30 minutes for muffins for 45 minutes for cake pan – or until center is set and apples are tender.
LEARN HOW TO MAKE THE RECIPE IN UNDER 3 MINUTES BY WATCHING THIS VIDEO!!
Homemade Blueberry sauce
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or frozen)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup local raw honey
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Optional if you are short on time:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup of water and orange juice. Stir gently, and bring to a boil. Add honey. Simmer for 20-25 minutes to your preferred thickness.
- If you don’t have that much time In a cup or small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water. Gently stir the cornstarch mixture into the blueberries so as not to mash the berries. Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice or lemon extract and cinnamon. If too thick, Thin sauce with water to your liking. Enjoy these and pour this amazing sauce BlueberrySauce on anything and everything!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life.
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
Snapchat: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so that means you can watch everything being made in real time!