Weekend treat alert, but not to worry! These are perfectly good for you, healthier versions of your typical chocolate chip cookies. Made these for a sweet friend who just left on a cross country road trip. She is a dietitian with some serious standards! Needless to say, she not only approved, but gobbled them up them up and went happily on her way.
Feeding loved ones makes me happy because food is love. These are also awesome for the kiddos in your life. Make them together, they are so much fun, and delicious!!!
ALMOND CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil (or oil of choice)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour (or 1 cup almond flour and 2 tbsp coconut flour, 2 tbsp flaxseed meal)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 oz semi-sweet mini chocolate morsels
- Healthy pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, add add in beaten egg, grapeseed oil (or oil of choice), coconut sugar and vanilla extract.
- Next add in almond flour, (coconut flour, flaxseed meal), salt and baking soda, mixing well to combine and form a dough. Fold in dark chocolate chunks. You may need to use your hands to moisten the dough so that it sticks together well.
- Use a cookie scoop or large tablespoon to drop dough onto parchment paper or ungreased baking sheet. Gently flatten the dough with your hand. Bake for 12-15 minutes (I baked for 13 minutes exactly but ovens may very), or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling. Makes 10-12 cookies.
I enjoyed these yummy cookies with a glass of milk and a smile. I love love love cookies and rarely make them, but these are awesome, and so much healthier than its generic kind!
Count Colors, NOT Calories!
Color your Plate, Color your Life
Facebook: The Colorful Foodie
Youtube: Colorful Foodie
Pinterest: Colorful Foodie
Snapchat: AnaSandee – I snap and cook so that means you can watch everything being made in real time!
Thank you soooo much for a healthy chocolate chip cookie alternative. I made these this afternoon, craving something a little sweet to go with my evening cup of tea and they are spot on. Really hit the mark!
Would you happen to know the macros for this recipe?
Thank you again for a wonderful recipe ?
Hey sweetie!! Yay so glad you enjoyed the cookies!! I actually don’t know, need to out it into myfitnesspal!
I don’t have almond flour would almond meal or Wholemeal flour work
Almond flour and almond meal are the same thing ?? so yes!! Or regular flour will do as well.
Comments are closed.